Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-plus/libs/sfsi_widget.php on line 279
What to Expect?
- They will come to power with a campaign based on fear, scaremongering and distorting the truth. Nevertheless, their victory will be achieved through a democratic electoral process. But beware, as this will be their argument every time you question the legitimacy of their actions. They will claim a mandate from the People to change the system.
Remember – gaining power through a democratic system does not give them permission to cross legal boundaries and undermine said democracy.
- They will divide and rule. Their strength lies in unity, in one voice and one ideology, and so should yours. They will call their supporters Patriots, the only “true Americans”. You will be labelled as traitors, enemies of the state, unpatriotic, the corrupt elite, the old regime trying to regain power. Their supporters will be the “People”, the “sovereign” who chose their leaders.
Don’t let them divide you – remember you’re one People, one Nation, with one common good.
- Through convoluted laws and threats they will try to control mainstream media and limit press freedom. They will ban critical press from their briefings, calling them “liars”, “fake news”. They will brand those media as “unpatriotic”, acting against the People (see point 2).
Fight for every media outlet, every journalist that is being banned, censored, sacked or labelled an “enemy of the state” – there’s no hope for freedom where there is no free press.
- They will create chaos, maintain a constant sense of conflict and danger. It will be their argument to enact new authoritarian laws, each one further limiting your freedoms and civil liberties. They will disguise them as being for your protection, for the good of the People.
See through the chaos, the fake danger, expose it before you wake up in a totalitarian, fascist state.
- They will distort the truth, deny facts and blatantly lie. They will try to make you forget what facts are, sedate your need to find the truth. They will feed “post-truths” and “alternative facts”, replace knowledge and logic with emotions and fiction.
Always think critically, fact-check and point out the truth, fight ignorance with facts.
- They will incite and then leak fake, superficial “scandals”. They will smear opposition with trivial accusations, blowing them out of proportion and then feeding the flame. This is just smokescreen for the legal steps they will be taking towards totalitarianism.
See through superficial topics in mainstream media (see point 3) and focus on what they are actually doing.
- They will propose shocking laws to provoke your outrage. You will focus your efforts on fighting them, so they will seemingly back off, giving you a false sense of victory. In the meantime they will push through less “flashy” legislation, slowly dismantling democracy (see points 4 and 6).
Focus your fight on what really matters.
- When invading your liberal sensibilities they will focus on what hurts the most – women and minorities. They will act as if democracy was majority rule without respect for the minority. They will paint foreigners and immigrants as potential threats. Racial, religious, sexual and other minorities will become enemies to the order and security they are supposedly providing. They will challenge women’s social status, undermine gender equality and interfere with reproductive rights (see point 7). But it means they are aware of the threat women and minorities pose to their rule, so make it your strength.
Women and minorities should fight the hardest, reminding the majority what true democracy is about.
- They will try to take control of the judiciary. They will assault your highest court. They need to remove the checks and balances to be able to push through unconstitutional legislation. Controlling the judiciary they can also threat anyone that defies them with prosecution, including the press (see point 3).
Preserve the independence of your courts at all cost, they are your safety valve, the safeguard of the rule of law and the democratic system.
- They will try to limit freedom of assembly, calling it a necessity for your security. They will enact laws prioritizing state events and rallies, or those of a certain type or ideology. If they can choose who can demonstrate legally, they have a legal basis to forcefully disperse or prosecute the rest.
Oppose any legislation attempting to interfere with freedom of assembly, for whatever reason.
- They will distort the language, coin new terms and labels, repeat shocking phrases until you accept them as normal and subconsciously associate them with whom they like. A “thief”, “liar” or “traitor” will automatically mean the opposition, while a “patriot” or a “true American” will mean their follower (see point 2). Their slogans will have double meaning, giving strength to their supporters and instilling angst in their opponents.
Fight changes in language in the public sphere, remind and preserve the true meaning of words.
- They will take over your national symbols, associate them with their regime, remake them into attributes of their power. They want you to forget that your flag, your anthem and your symbols belong to you, the People, to everyone equally. Don’t let them be hijacked. Use and expose them in your fight as much as they do.
Show your national symbols with pride, let them give you strength, not associate you with the tyranny they brought onto your country.
- They will try to rewrite history to suit their needs and use the education system to support their agenda. They will smear any historical or living figure who wouldn’t approve of their actions, or distort their image to make you think they would. They will place emphasis on historical education in schools, feeding young minds with the “only correct” version of history and philosophy. They will raise a new generation of voters on their ideology, backing it with a distorted interpretation of history and view of the world.
Guard the education of your children, teach them critical thinking, ensure their open-mindedness and protect your real history and heritage.
- They will alienate foreign allies and partners, convincing you don’t need them. They won’t care for the rest of the world, with their focus on “making your country great again”. While ruining your economy to fulfil their populist promises, they will omit the fact that you’re part of a bigger world whose development depends on cooperation, on sharing and on trade.
Don’t let them build walls promising you security instead of bridges giving you prosperity.
- They will eventually manipulate the electoral system. They might say it’s to correct flaws, to make it more fair, more similar to the rest of the world, or just to make it better. Don’t believe it. They wouldn’t be messing with it at all if it wasn’t to benefit them in some way.
Oppose any changes to electoral law that an authoritarian regime wants to enact – rest assured it’s only to help them remain in power longer.
EVERY authoritarian, totalitarian and fascist regime in history eventually failed, thanks to the PEOPLE.
– With love, your Eastern European friends
Leave a Reply
137 Comments on "YEAR 1 Under Authoritarianism"
Never forgive their TREASON.
Never forget their CRIMES.
Fight them to the DEATH!
I agree that the statement about not changing our electoral system. Our electoral college is completely undemocratic and needs to be buried!
This is so much fun to read. Thx
This is a truly impressive and informative article thank you. Reading and internally clicking check ( yes it fits my confirmation bias ) substantiates the reality of what I perceive as occurring. To the author (s) again thank you. Information and perspective is essential your contribution is invaluable. 🗽❤🗽
“TYPE IN YOUR E-MAIL TO RECEIVE THE COMPLETE PDF”? Are you serious? That’s how you gather data on opposition. And I’m pretty sure the platform out email addresses would be gathered on is out of your control.
Get real. everyone collects emails – use a spam account if you are that paranoid
Donate Money to Minority, Environmental, Equality, Democratic, and Women’s organizations like Planned Parenthood, ACLU, Sierra Club, Green Peace, Democratic Party, Green Party, & many other ESTABLISHED Human Rights Groups
Above all, donate DIRECTLY to the candidate that you support. We can no longer Trust the DNC to give money to help a candidate of your choice, only theirs
May I suggest that this blog also offers some specific ideas (in contrast to the general, like now) of how to resist the authoritarian rule? I believe that the most effective ways lie in the intellectual and moral powers. Examples abound. In the US, Martin Luther King comes to mind.
Go to Indivisble.com find your local chapter as well as everything that you have asked for.
I’m currently writing a book which should explore it all in much more detail 🙂 Thanks
What do you think of Mahatma Gandhi?
Alas, all the points are true except the last one:
EVERY authoritarian, totalitarian and fascist regime in history eventually failed, thanks to the PEOPLE.
====== Nope, half the time the People are not enough & THEY need a stronger , armed push from the outside.
So sorry Canada has been sucked into this vile vortex.
I want to take my family and run….but to where? USA will be doomed because Trumps followers will not see him for what he is…. a puppet to Steve Bannon. GOD save us.
Belize is looking really good to me right now!
Belize ALWAYS looks good.
Please provide with black text, white background. Want to print several and 1) harder to read 2) wastes ink.
The PDF is black text on white. There’s a download form on the left. Hope that helps.
Try copy/pasting the text into a document and then printing that instead.
Thank you, my Eastern European friends, I will continue to be in touch with some of you to report what I am seeing here, in my town. Thank those of you I have been in contact with for sharing my blogs and postings.
Very good text!
Too bad the original .pdf has disappeared, redirecting here.
It was a much better format and much more readable than this reverse white on black page 🙁
There’s a PDF download on the left 🙂
I stopped updating the other one, hard to keep track of both, so now everything is centralized on the website.
Unfortunately all the translations we have are done by volunteers, and my French isn’t good enough. If you wish to provide a French (or Arabic) translation I will gladly add it though. If you do so please email it to me, I might not see it here. Thanks
On pewnie chciałby trzymać flagę konfederatów./ I’m sure he’d prefer to hold the confederate flag.
Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re
utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers
and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a
fair price? Cheers, I appreciate it!
There’s too much money involved in this business to just stand and watch how your political opponents win elections.
Thank you so much. I was waiting for there to be something on list they hadn’t got to yet, but It has done ALL OF THEM, including getting rid of key positions over military: joint chief, dir. Nat. Intelligence. Bannon is Goebel.
Yes Chris, Trag is right, and it was overblown anti-Communist feeling and greed, instead of legitimate anti-dictatorship that allowed Hitler to get as far as he did, and even supported bloody tyranny in Spain and Italy.
The United States is a Democratic Republic. It is not a a Democracy. There are checks and balances in place for a reason. Donald Trump is not the anti-christ and is not Hitler.
Not for lack of trying.
We are vigilant, we are doing the work, we will Rise Up and KEEP this nation the Constitutional Democracy it is and fight tyranny in every form.
Thank you for taking the time to inform We the People. I can see where this might be going. This is a good read for all.